- After filling out the checkout page, you received an order confirmation. The BPS shipping department will contact you within a day or two with an invoice in PDF format. The email will also include a link to the payment page.
- Payments are made on an “Internet Payment Gateway” operated by the Sampath Bank. On the payment page, be sure to fill in the items marked *. Do not forget to enter the CAPTCHA “Word Verification” box at the bottom of the page. Click when finished.
- For an example of the IPG payment page, see this.
- Important: Wait for the BPS page to to appear. Sometimes this takes thirty seconds or more.
- The BPS response page gives the message “SUCCESS!” if the payment goes through. Otherwise, an error message appears.
Payments by check or money order:
- Make your check payable to "Deposit to A/C: Buddhist Publication Society", and mark your check with the invoice number (not the order number).
- Note that payments by check will increase the turnaround time of your order up to a month; one week for your air mail letter to arrive in Kandy, and three weeks for the bank to clear the payment.
- For security, we recommend that you send your checks or money orders by registered post.
- To pay in foreign currencies, add $US 2.25 to the invoice amount to cover local bank charges for currency conversion. Then check the Internet or your local bank for the latest currency exchange rate, and send a check or money order for that amount. For example, a customer in Tel Aviv was invoiced $42.21 for her order. Adding $2.25 brings the order up to $44.46, which converts to ILS 171.61, the amount of her cheque.
Payments by direct deposit or interbank transfer:
- Bank, Branch: Sampath Bank, Dalada Veediya Branch, Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Account no (S.L. Rupees): 0007 6000 3050
- Account no (U.S. Dollars): 5007 4000 0104