The About page is the default page for the online library. The remainder of the menu contains the following items:
Lists provides a drop-down menu for all Bodhi Leaves, Wheels, Books, Miscellaneous items, and Newsletters. These items are in order by catalogue number. The leftmost column gives the catalogue number and category for the item; the right column gives the title and author.
For all lists, clicking the Catalog number brings up the Select Format page; most library items are available as HTML, PDF, and ePub documents.
To properly view Pali, your basic system fonts must be Unicode-compliant. The html and epub pages search for installed fonts in this order: URW Palladio Pali, DejaVu Serif, Times New Roman (Version 5.3 or greater), and Georgia. Sans-serif fonts include Tahoma, DejaVu Sans, and Geneva. The fonts are embedded in PDF and ePub documents.
Search brings up the library-search page. The menu changes to read "Search Criteria".
Clicking Search Criteria causes a popup window to appear, on which you can specify the search parameters for a particular item or a range of items. Close this popup by clicking the "×" icon in the upper right corner.
Browsing and searching
- Note: All library search results are grouped by Category.
- The Search popup contains a group of checkboxes, some drop-down list boxes, a text box, and Search button.
- Items selected on the right side of the popup are filtered by the checkbox selection. Sort order is either by title or author in each category group.
- Use the text box to enter any word in the title, author’s name, or catalogue number.
- Click the button to continue. The items are then displayed as
- The output format here is a two-column table grouped by Catebory, in order by Title or Author.
Note: There are different categories for the various publication types. For example, there are no Bodhi Leaves in category "Abhidhamma Studies", but there are many Wheels. Likewise, searching for catalog item 'wh001' (Wheel 001) when "Bodhi Leaves" is checked, yields 'No result'.